Litigation & Dispute Resolution
At Pigott Stinson, our litigation and dispute resolution (“LDR”) team is dedicated to assisting clients in resolving their disputes as quickly and as favourably as possible, so our clients can get on with focussing on the things that matter in their lives.
Our LDR team specialises in all types of commercial and personal disputes. Examples of the types of disputes we resolve are:
- contractual disputes
- insolvency-related claims
- insurance claims disputes
- disputes with banks and other financial institutions
- all types of property disputes including landlord/tenant and strata disputes
- construction and building disputes, including Security of Payment Act claims
- intellectual property claims
- shareholder disputes and shareholder oppression claims
- general debt recovery
- wills and estates, including family provision claims
- elder abuse claims, including disputes about misuse of powers of attorney
- defamation claims and defences
- applications for guardianship and financial management orders
- neighbour disputes and disputes with local councils
- bankruptcy applications
Our team will work collaboratively with you to resolve your dispute, by using our knowledge and experience to lay out your options and risks as clearly as possible. This allows you to make an informed choice on the strategy you want to pursue to resolve your dispute.
Whether you are already embroiled in litigation, anticipate a claim being made against you or have reached a point where you need to enforce your rights, do not hesitate to call one of our LDR partners for an obligation-free discussion about your situation.