Clubs are there for the community and Pigott Stinson is there for clubs
We specialise in clubs and are proud to work for clubs of all sizes.
Pigott Stinson has been consistently providing quality legal advice to clubs and club industry associations for over 80 years. We are proud Gold Partners of ClubsNSW, and the combination of our long heritage and our ongoing commitment to the industry means we know and understand clubs.
We enjoy our work with clubs and, in particular, we enjoy working with boards and management of clubs in their task of maintaining clubs as important community, sporting, social and cultural organisations that provide facilities and benefits to such a large number of people.
At Pigott Stinson we act for clubs of all sizes which enables us to understand the legal issues confronting your club, and also means we can provide prompt, cost effective, practical and legally sound solutions.
Our team can help your club with:
- amalgamations and de-amalgamations
- constitutions and amendments to constitutions
- the law and procedures of meetings
- attending board and general meetings
- membership matters, including disciplinary proceedings and responding to members’ requisitions for general meetings
- applications, including applications to the Independent Liquor & Gaming Authority
- complaints, inquiries and alleged breaches of legislation
- contracts, including employment contracts, property and construction contracts and service contracts (such as catering, maintenance and cleaning agreements)
- employment matters, including your obligations under the Fair Work Act, awards, employment contracts, termination of employment and workplace health and safety
- property and commercial matters, including property disposals, building and construction, development, leasing, mortgages and other forms of security
- legal representation, including representing clubs in all legal proceedings in courts and tribunals
- legal advice, including advising on legislation that affects the club industry, directors and other officers including the Registered Clubs Act, Liquor Act, Gaming Machines Act, Corporations Act and Co-operatives Act